Senior Associate, Human Capital Management
What we do
Madhi works closely with the Tamil Nadu School Education Department to conceptualise and implement large scale quality improvement programmes in Tamil Nadu’s government schools. Over the course of the next 5 years Madhi will strengthen its existing programmes in the state (as well as undertake new programmes) with the singular aim of ensuring transformative improvement in the quality of school education in Tamil Nadu. Madhi’s programmes in Tamil Nadu are consolidated under a single umbrella called Project: TN Soars, comprising 3 critical projects: 1. Ennum Ezhuthum (The Tamil Nadu state Foundational Learning Mission), 2. TechForEdSystems and 3. Tamil Nadu STEAM Model Schools.
Ennum Ezhuthum: We are currently also working as the ‘Chief Management Partner’ for Tamil Nadu’s official Foundational Learning Mission, The ‘Ennum Ezhuthum Mission’ – a Rs. 500 Cr Mission of national and regional importance aimed at universalising foundational learning for all children in Tamil Nadu’s 37,000 government schools.
Project MALA: Project MALA aims to create high-tech, low-tech and no-tech tools which can support child-educators (parents, teachers, volunteers) to build the neuro-linguistic exposure that children require to acquire language proficiency through oracy. Children in rural areas or from low income households have minimal exposure to the English language- particularly oracy. They find the existing english language learning tools inadequate to build fluency in spoken English and also have difficulty in reading to learn from English sources. Project MALA aims to leverage technology and contextually built learning resources to solve this problem.
Tamil Nadu STEAM Model Schools: To ensure holistic growth of children from underserved communities and to empower them with the skills to work toward their dreams, the Department of School Education has embarked on an ambitious project of setting up ‘Tamil Nadu Model Schools’ that will serve children from the most marginalized backgrounds and equip them with skills and knowledge such that their disadvantages get mitigated and no longer impede their success in academics, work and life. Madhi has joined the Department to assist in the setting up of these 38 Model Schools, each exemplifying the principles of equity and inclusion in letter and spirit, enabling every student, irrespective of their background, to receive equal opportunities to aspire and achieve their goals.
To know more about the work we do, check out our information brochure at bit.ly/MadhiFdn_LearnMore2
Your team (Organizational Development)
The Organizational Development (OD) team comprises Human Capital Management (HCM), Operations, Communications and Partnerships. The OD team consists of heroes who work hard in the shadows and believe that the show must go on, come rain or sunshine. The HCM team is in charge of managing human capital and talent at Madhi and strives to find passionate and committed individuals to join the team. The operations team ensures seamless functioning of the organization and oversees finance and administration-related activities.
About the role
The HCM Associate will partner with teams across our growing organization. The ideal candidate is someone who can come in with a willingness and an ability to drive HR Operations and Programs from the ground up. You will play a key role own and heavily influence everything from Career Mapping and Performance Management programs, to bonus & incentive planning, Talent Acquisition and Learning & Development.
The challenges you will help solve in this role:
- We are a people first organization which means we do whatever it takes to make Madhi a safe and comfortable and enjoyable place for the team to work at. We are also a small, growing team which means everyone does everything, many a time. As the Manager, you will be expected to operate without inhibitions, doing whatever it takes to make Madhi a great place to work at. On some days this may look like ensuring the roof is not leaking and on others this may look like you organizing the Annual Team Retreat.
- Over the past 5 years, we have grown from a team of 5 to a team of 25 currently and are likely to grow exponentially to a team of 150 soon. This will require us to strengthen our HR function, set up systems that simplify the HCM process ensuring a smooth employee experience.
- A small part of your role will also intersect with Finance. Ensuring the team receives their salaries on time without any discrepancies will be the joint responsibility of you and the Finance manager, and you will be required to ensure the end of month inputs are error-free.
The job description:
Below is an indicative set of responsibilities you will be required to lead as part of your role. We believe that a job description is best created collaboratively where the individual joining the team and the senior leadership team together define the role in greater detail so it reflects your aspirations and ambitions as much as it does the organisation’s needs. A detailed description will be jointly created once the selection process has been completed and you have accepted our offer of employment.
In this role some of your responsibilities will include:
- Support with implementing organizational policies that are fair, transparent, compliant and in alignment to Madhi’s core values
- Assist in the planning and execution of an inclusive & rigorous selection process, from identifying hiring requirements to successful onboarding
- Driving L&D activities to strategise, create and implement a framework that provides diverse and need-specific learning opportunities for all team members
- Creating, implementing & executing team well-being processes and structures
- Executing performance management processes that include performance development plans (PDPs) and talent development programs
- Effectively execute HR Operations systems such as payroll, HRIS, goal setting process etc. to ensure optimal organizational efficiency and employee satisfaction
- Ensure impeccable maintenance of all trackers & databases, and documenting of conversations, discussions or meetings related to team well-being
You will thrive in this role if you:
- Have knowledge of HR Operations and People practices at a nonprofit or a start-up.
- Look at the human capital management function from an unconventional lens.
- Are deeply people-oriented and understand the complex relationship humans have with work.
- Understand the motivations behind people who choose to work in the development sector .
- Posses a growth mindset and are comfortable seeking solutions for problems that you may not immediately have an understanding of
- Are meticulous with numbers
- Have outstanding formal written communication skills in English
- Have impeccable planning and task tracking skills
- At least 2-5 years of relevant work experience in the Human Resources domain
- Experience in the education/development sector would be an added advantage
- A degree in a relevant field of study from a reputed institution
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint and all Google Suite applications
- At least spoken knowledge of Tamil language
This role will report to:
- Head, Operations and People Practices
- Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Rs 5,00,000 – 7,00,000 Lakhs p.a
- You will be expected to bring your own laptop, with updated software (MS Office 2016)
Link to Application Form:
For more information, please write to: [email protected]