Senior Manager, Training & Programme DeliveryApply
The Senior Manager will be expected to anchor the training delivery model and classroom observation processes for FLIP. You will ensure that the training delivered is high-quality, error-free and cascades effectively. This will include liaising with government stakeholders and pedagogy advisors to improve existing training processes and creating new ones. Additionally, you will also be expected to set up internal systems and processes to create data collection tools and ensure that the team collects high-quality data from the field. You will also be the consulting SME for all trainings conducted by Madhi.
Madhi works with the Department of School Education (and with Samagra Shiksha and the State Council for Educational Research and Training, Tamil Nadu) to implement large-scale reforms in curriculum, teacher training and governance to improve foundational learning outcomes among students in government schools in the state. The organisation is 4 years old and is all set to scale its impact from the pilot project 'The Foundational Learning Improvement Programme' (FLIP), which was implemented in 2000 schools. Encouraged by the potential of FLIP, the state has integrated it entirely with its efforts to implement the 'Foundational Literacy and Numeracy Mission' (FLN Mission), outlined in the New Education Policy (NEP) 2020, across 40,000 primary schools in the state.
Apart from FLIP, Madhi is also piloting two new ideas: a mobile-based application (Edukit) to improve the quality of teaching and teacher support; and the creation of a Centre for Research and Innovation in Foundation Learning (CRIFL) with a vision to strengthen programme impact as well as contribute to the larger ecosystem by disseminating knowledge and learnings from the field.Your team
The Training & Impact team mainly has two broad functions: capacity building and impact measurement. The Training team is responsible for the delivery of instructional materials, tools and strategies for teachers and administrators to improve their knowledge, skills and mindset. The impact team is responsible for creating tools, systems and processes for measuring effectiveness of training and classroom practices. The training and impact team is diverse and dynamic comprising pedagogy experts, instructional designers, teacher trainers and field officers. The team believes that high-quality contextual training along with academic support driven by evidence from observations, can equip teachers to transform classroom practices and help improve learning outcomes at scale.About the role
The Senior Manager will be expected to anchor the training delivery model and classroom observation processes for FLIP. You will ensure that the training delivered is high-quality, error-free and cascades effectively. This will include liaising with government stakeholders and pedagogy advisors to improve existing training processes and creating new ones. Additionally, you will also be expected to set up internal systems and processes to create data collection tools and ensure that the team collects high-quality data from the field. You will also be the consulting SME for all trainings conducted by Madhi.In this role, you will: Programme Strategy
- Set the vision for the Training & Impact sub-vertical and thought partner with the Lead, FLIP and Associate Director, Projects to translate the vision into action
- Accountable for creating a staffing plan and projection for successfully implementing the programme
- Set and achieve goals for the sub-vertical and support team members to ensure that all objectives are met successfully
- Contribute to the overall vision setting process of the programme and the organisation to transform the status of foundational learning
- Create the overall training strategy & roadmap and drive effective implementation of the same
- Consistently propose improvements to the training models through research and implement these as part of contextualised approach to capacity building
- Co-create the teacher and administrator professional development framework to train and on-board teachers, HMs and BRTEs to the programme
- Co-lead the planning of training workshops with the state department and coordinate with stakeholders to obtain necessary approvals from the state
- Lead the planning and delivery of training across the intervention-districts
- Review session plans created by the team and ensure that all plans are of high quality
- Observe training to gain qualitative insights to improve the training processes
- Create periodic training observation reports that capture the effectiveness of the training and recommend improvements to the existing processes
- Implement the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning requirements across projects
- Create the overall training strategy & roadmap and thereby drive effective implementation
- Anchor the baseline and end-line student assessment exercise across intervention and control districts
- Create a classroom observation framework for the programme, co-lead the engagement with the state to review the framework and to obtain the necessary approvals
- Plan and execute classroom observations with the team and continuously strive to innovate and problem-solve to improve the quality of public education
- Shadow classroom observations conducted by team members and support them with their learning and development needs
- Support the tracking team to conduct review meetings at the state level and evaluate the effectiveness of these review meetings
- Create periodic reports that capture stories, cases and insights from the field that will help the projects team to strengthen the programme
- Meticulously track the progress of vertical goals, process adherence and project progress
- Manage a highly skilled & motivated team and constantly strive to help them grow and realise their potential
- Ensure all team management structures are followed diligently and implement personalised support structures for team members
- Support the creation and implementation of the L&D framework for the Training & Impact team
- Co-lead government partnerships for the training vertical with Lead, FLIP to ensure Madhi’s continued partnership with the state
- Represent Madhi in external meetings and articulate Madhi’s vision in a compelling manner
- Have a master’s degree in Education
- Possess excellent leadership and coaching skills
- Have exceptional planning skills and sets a high bar of excellence for yourself and your team
- Have demonstrable skills with respect to attention to detail
- Have prior experience working with government stakeholders
- At least 6 years of relevant work experience in teaching, teacher training and programme delivery
- At least 3 years of managerial experience with a team span of minimum 10 members
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of specialisation
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to speak and understand Tamil
- Lead, FLIP
- Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Rs. 11 lakhs per annum
- You will be expected to bring your own laptop with updated software (MS Office 2016)
Sorry, we don’t have any internship opportunities open right now.
Assisting in classroom observations.
Supporting our tech team.
Contributing to our data collection and analysis efforts.
There is much you can help us with and no dearth of opportunities for you to explore! Volunteer with Madhi, and play your part in making quality education accessible to all children.