Specialist, Curriculum & Instructional DesignApply
You will be expected to support the Senior Manager and the and guide the associates in the process of curriculum creation & instructional design process for FLIP and ensure that the content delivered is high-quality and error-free. You will also be expected to support in creating content for the Edukit app. The type of content you will be expected to create will include lesson plans, worksheets, learning videos pertaining to literacy and numeracy, and other collaterals on a need basis.
Madhi works with the Department of School Education (and with Samagra Shiksha and the State Council for Educational Research and Training, Tamil Nadu) to implement large-scale reforms in curriculum, teacher training and governance to improve foundational learning outcomes among students in government schools in the state. The organisation is 4 years old and is all set to scale its impact from the pilot project 'The Foundational Learning Improvement Programme' (FLIP), which was implemented in 2000 schools. Encouraged by the potential of FLIP, the state has integrated it entirely with its efforts to implement the 'Foundational Literacy and Numeracy Mission' (FLN Mission), outlined in the New Education Policy (NEP) 2020, across 40,000 primary schools in the state.
Apart from FLIP, Madhi is also piloting two new ideas: a mobile-based application (Edukit) to improve the quality of teaching and teacher support; and the creation of a Centre for Research and Innovation in Foundation Learning (CRIFL) with a vision to strengthen programme impact as well as contribute to the larger ecosystem by disseminating knowledge and learnings from the field.Your team
The Teaching and Learning Materials (TLM) team is responsible for the design and delivery of instructional materials for students and teachers. The team is diverse and dynamic comprising skilled professionals from varied backgrounds like teaching, teacher training, curriculum & content development. The team works with human-centered design principles to solve challenges faced in the classroom on a day to day basis and is passionate about every student and teacher receiving the best quality resources to learn and thrive.About the role
You will be expected to support the Senior Manager and the and guide the associates in the process of curriculum creation & instructional design process for FLIP and ensure that the content delivered is high-quality and error-free. You will also be expected to support in creating content for the Edukit app. The type of content you will be expected to create will include lesson plans, worksheets, learning videos pertaining to literacy and numeracy, and other collaterals on a need basis.In this role, you will:
- Co-create frameworks and guidelines for curriculum with respect to teacher-facing content, student-facing content and digital content
- Co-develop the overall curriculum & content strategy and thereby drive effective implementation
- Ensure that the content offerings of Madhi meet the national and international quality standards set through periodic and thorough reviews
- Set the guidelines for curriculum & content creation and delivery in collaboration with the Senior Manager
- Design ready-to-use classroom resources and teacher-facing instructional content with a strong understanding of subject (English & Math) and the context
- Ensure adherence of the process framework and guidelines designed by the Senior Manager during the content creation cycle
- Support the Associates in building their technical skills to create high quality learning tools and materials
- Support the Senior Manager, Training & Impact to onboard and orient users on new content offerings
- Visit classrooms to understand usage and iterate content offerings
- Have a master’s degree in Education
- Have exceptional planning skills and sets a high bar of excellence for yourself and your team
- Have a demonstrable skills with respect to attention to detail
- Have a keen interest in pedagogy and strives to read and research extensively on it
- Have managed a team of 3-5 members for at least an year
- Are aware of the uncertainties of working with the government but are excited about it anyway
- Can read and write Tamil
- At least 4 years of work experience with a minimum of 2 years of experience in teaching, content development or instructional design.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of specialisation
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to speak and understand Tamil
- Senior Manager, Curriculum & Instructional Design
- Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- You will be expected to bring your own laptop with updated software (MS Office 2016)
- Rs. 7.8 lakhs per annum
Sorry, we don’t have any internship opportunities open right now.
Assisting in classroom observations.
Supporting our tech team.
Contributing to our data collection and analysis efforts.
There is much you can help us with and no dearth of opportunities for you to explore! Volunteer with Madhi, and play your part in making quality education accessible to all children.